Monday 27 May 2013

Skateboarding

I had a gig down in Venice the other day and while I was waiting for the show to start, I thought I'd take a stroll to the beach.

Venice, is like Brighton, if Brighton got in with a bad crowd. The whole place stinks of weed and you could as easily bump into Willem Dafoe as get mugged (possibly by Willem Dafoe). It's a bizarre cocktail of bohemia and danger. Here's a few snaps from the skate park (I don't think I saw one kid on this thing).




Venice is the place to get your medical marijuana (apparently), the use of which is legal in California (All I'll say is, every Californian must have a very bad back). There are even 'doctors' on the beach front who assess you and give you a medical card entitling you to collect your prescription Mary Jane.

Californi-friggin-A.




No comments:

Post a Comment